Sunday, September 18, 2011

Review: Jollibee's Hash Brown Burger

Okay! A gastronomic article as an initial post. :3

Weeks after its first release to the market, I got my Jollibee Hash Brown Burger this afternoon. First heard about it from my manager, and my thought balloon was, "Ha? Akala ko McDonald's lang ang mayroong hash browns?" Until now, I had been accustomed to McDonald's hash browns - crispy on the outside and firm and moist bits of potatoes in the inside. Its setback must probably the extreme oiliness, and they only serve it for breakfast (until 10 a.m., as I remember).

At P60, the hash brown burger may seem expensive. But wait till you finish it. The Jollibee Burger patty, a sheet of cheese and two hash browns sandwiching the meat - are enough to feed a hungry stomach. That's my opinion, don't hurl tomatoes towards me. I finished half of it, and I can't seem to take a bite of it again. I had to slow down and take it piece by piece. Maybe the starch is too much, and the cheese made me lose my appetite. But energy wise, its a fulfilling snack/lunch.

One thing I noticed about the hash browns of Jollibee, it is not crisp. Its inside is quite soggy, compared to McDonald's hash browns (you can taste bits of potatoes rather than the feel of it mashed).

Am I eating this again? Yes. But it'll take quite a while. ;) #

No comments:

Post a Comment